To apply for a new Aadhar Card, you need to visit an Aadhaar enrolment center near you. At the enrolment center, you need to fill out a form, submit your biometric details along with documents required for the verification of proof of identity and proof of address.
About Apply for Aadhar Card Online
The Aadhaar Card is a unique 12-digit number for residents of India, the application process for which is undertaken by UIDAI and the card is issued by the Government of India. Its objective is to improve the regulation and distribution of public welfare scheme services. It is an acceptable proof of residence within India and is not be used as proof of citizenship.
how to apply for a new aadhar card online, apply for aadhar card online, new aadhar card apply online,aadhar PVC card online apply,aadhar card online apply,aadhar card,aadhar card apply online, PVC aadhar card online apply, how to apply for aadhar card online, plastic aadhar card online apply,aadhar card online apply Assam,aadhar card in Assam online apply, online apply for aadhar card in India,aadhar card online, apply for online adhar aadhaar card,aadhar card online registration appointment
Corrections to the enrolment form can be made free of cost within 96 hours of submission. For any rectifications that may need to be made after 96 hours, the same format has to be used but on additional charges payable to the government.
Applying for the Aadhaar Card at an Enrolment Centre
The first step that an applicant should keep in mind before applying for an Aadhaar is to have all documents required for the Aadhaar card ready while visiting the enrolment centre. The application process for Aadhaar cards is the same for all Indian citizens including minors and senior citizens.
They only have to furnish relevant documents at the time of enrolment. Here is how a person can do this:
- Find an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre near you. If you reside in Tier I cities, you can find it at
- You can also find Aadhaar Enrolment Centres in other cities by visiting
- Fill out the enrolment form (the form is also available online at
- Submit the form along with supporting documents such as proof of identity and proof of address.
- After all the documents are accepted, submit your biometric data which includes your fingerprints and the iris scan.
- Your photograph is also taken for Aadhaar.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip that contains the 14-digit enrolment number. It is used to check the Aadhar card status.
- The Acknowledgement slip should be kept safely till you get your Aadhaar card.
Details About How to Apply for Aadhar Card
There are a few steps that every applicant has to remember and carefully follow during the Aadhaar Card enrolment process. Make sure you have scanned copies of the essential document proofs before you access the Aadhaar Card Form online. Here are the steps that should be followed for the online enrolment process:
- Access the list of the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre for residents of Tier I cities from UIDAI’s official portal or by clicking here
- To access the list of the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre for other cities, you can visit UIDAI’s official portal or access the list by clicking here
- Download, fill up and submit the form along with the essential documents as proof – proof of address (PoA), Proof of Identity (PoI), proof of date of Birth (DoB) and relationship proof
- After all the submitted documents have been attached, submit your biometric data like fingerprints and retina scan
- Submit your Passport-size Photograph
- You will then receive an acknowledgement slip comprising of a 14-digit Enrolment Number that you can use to track your Aadhaar Card status in the future
- Keep the acknowledgement slip safely till you get your Aadhaar Card
There are some states and Union Territories in India where the Aadhaar enrolment is carried out by the Registrar General of India. The places include:
- Tamil Nadu
- Rural Bengaluru
- West Bengal
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Jammu & Kashmir
The process of applying for Aadhaar remains the same for these places as it is for the rest of the country.
Get Your E-Aadhaar
Once all the documents and biometric data required for the Aadhaar card are submitted, it can take up to 90 days, i.e. 3 months, for the Aadhaar card to be sent to your residential address. The card will be sent via India Post and due to high number of people applying for the Aadhaar card, it may take more than 90 days to reach the respective cardholder.
After you have got your necessary document proofs and biometric data registered with Aadhaar, you will receive the Aadhaar Card at your registered residential address by India Post in about a maximum of 90 days. However, it may take longer for it to reach you because of the high demand for the card.
If you are in need of an Aadhaar Card urgently, you can download a copy of the Aadhaar Card, known as an E-Aadhaar. It holds the same significance and validity as the Aadhaar Card itself.
However, if a person is in need of his/her Aadhaar card and in hurry, he/she can download a copy of the Aadhaar card which is also known as an E-Aadhaar. To get a thee-Aadhaar online you can follow these steps:
You can follow these steps to download the e-Aadhaar Card:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI to download the Aadhaar Card Form free of cost
- Fill in the form using the 12-digit Aadhaar Number or 14-digit Enrolment Number that you received during the Aadhaar Card application process, as mentioned earlier
- You can receive the thee-Aadhaar Number by using either of these numbers:
- Visit the Aadhaar Card official website of UIDAI.
- Fill in the form using the enrolment number or the Aadhaar number.
- If you have the enrolment number:
- Enter the enrolment number.
- Enter the date and time as mentioned in the acknowledgement slip.
- Enter your name, pin code of your area and your registered mobile number with Aadhaar.
- If you have your Aadhaar number:
- Enter it along with your name, pin code and mobile number.
- After all the details are entered an OTP (One Time Password) is generated that will help in downloading a coloured version of the Aadhaar letter which is as valid as the Aadhaar card itself.
Documents Required applying for an Aadhaar Card (Proof of Identity)
The following documents are required while applying for Aadhar Card:
- PAN card
- Either Ration/ PDS Photocard
- Voter ID Card
- Driving license
- Photo identification cards issued by the GOI
- Service photo ID cards that are issued by a PSU
- Job card of NREGS
- A photo identification that is issued by a Recognised Educational Institution
- Arms Licence
- Photo Bank ATM card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner’s Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter’s Photo Card
- Photo Passbook of Kisan
- Photo card of CGHS
- Certificate of Marriage
- A document containing proof of the marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar
- Legally approved name change certificate
- ECHS Photocard
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and the photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead issued by either a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar
- Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either the State Government, the UT Government or any such Administration
How to check the status of allotment of Aadhaar Card Online?
The 14-digit Enrolment Number that you will receive on applying for your Aadhaar Card can be used to check the status of Aadhaar. You can follow these steps to track the status: Step 1: Visit UIDAI’s official website step 2: Click on the option ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ and enter the Enrolment NumberStep 3: You have to then submit a security code step 4: Click on the ‘Check Status’ option step 5: Your Aadhaar Card status will get reflected on the screen
FAQs on Apply New Aadhaar Card
Q. I am not in India and I don’t have an Aadhaar card. Can I apply for an Aadhaar card from outside India?
A. Non-residents are not allowed to apply for an Aadhaar. You can apply for Aadhaar only when you have been residing in India for 182 days in the past 1 year.
Q. Can NRIs apply for Aadhaar cards?
A. NRIs are not eligible for Aadhaar cards. They can apply for Aadhaar only when they have been residing in India for the past 182 days in 1 year.
Q. Can OCI card holders obtain an Aadhar card?
A. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are not eligible for Aadhaar. Only people residing in India are eligible for Aadhaar, be it Indian citizens or foreigners.
Q. What is the process for NRIs/OCIs to apply for Aadhaar? Can they apply if they don’t have a residential address in India now?
A. NRIs and OCIs cannot apply for Aadhaar if they do not reside in India. They have to live in India for 182 days collectively in the past 1 year. They cannot apply for Aadhar if they do not fulfil this criterion even if they have a residential address in India.
Q. Can a US citizen apply for an Aadhar card?
A. Yes, if the US citizen has been residing in India for 182 days in the past year, he can apply for Aadhaar. However, Aadhaar cannot be considered proof of citizenship.
Q. What are the documents required for applying for an Aadhar card?